Our sweet little 3 year old, Filbert, was diagnosed with severe autism on April 6th, 2011. We researched until we found what we thought would help him most. We decided to start intensive intervention July 2011 using the Son-Rise Program Therapy, GAPS diet, and Lutimax Supplement.
What is the Son-Rise Program?
A child-centered and child motivated play therapy. An incredible loving, caring and respectful approach to sharing “our world” with a child in a fun and exciting way!
What Makes The Son-Rise Program® Different?
The Son-Rise Program® was the first to suggest that children with these diagnoses had the potential for extraordinary healing and growth.
The Son-Rise Program® innovated an educational treatment modality which included joining children instead of going against them. The program places parents as key teachers, therapists and directors of their own programs and utilizes the home as the most nurturing environment in which to help their children. The Son-Rise Program® dared to suggest that respect and deep caring would be the most important factor impacting a child’s motivation to learn, and from the beginning has made love and acceptance a meaningful part of every teaching process. Employing this attitude, we first seek to create bonding and a safe environment. We then apply sound, time-tested educational strategies pioneered by The Son-Rise Program®. These principles remain a cornerstone of our approach.
How Do The Son-Rise Program® Principles and Techniques Benefit Children With Special Needs?
* Joining in a child’s repetitive and ritualistic behaviors supplies the key to unlocking the mystery of these behaviors and facilitates eye contact, social development and the inclusion of others in play.
* Utilizing a child’s own motivation advances learning and builds the foundation for education and skill acquisition.
* Teaching through interactive play results in effective and meaningful socialization and communication.
* Using energy, excitement and enthusiasm engages the child and inspires a continuous love of learning and interaction.
* Employing a nonjudgmental and optimistic attitude maximizes the child’s enjoyment, attention and desire throughout their Son-Rise Program®.
* Placing the parent as the child’s most important and lasting resource provides a consistent and compelling focus for training, education and inspiration.
* Creating a safe, distraction-free work/play area facilitates the optimal environment for learning and growth.
**Text from www.autismtreatmentcenterofamerica.org
For more info check out this link of videos:
What is the GAPS diet?
It is a diet that is lactose-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. This means that our son eats proteins, vegetables, fruits and nuts. This diet heals the gut issues many autistic children seem to have over an extended period of time, generally two years or more.
The diet begins with an introductory phase that includes many soups high in animal fat, bone marrow, proteins and vegetables. Then there is the addition of probiotics in the form of fermented foods and the slow introduction of many other foods as the body can tolerate including homemade yogurt and many other delicious foods.
Our current favorite meals include roast chicken and roast veggies with ghee and sea salt and bun-less burgers with avocado and lacto-fermented salsa.
What is Lutimax?
Lutimax is made of luteolin which is a naturally occurring compound found in foods including parsley, artichoke leaves, celery, peppers, olive oil, rosemary, lemons, peppermint, sage, thyme, and many others.
Luteolin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anticancer, and immune-modulating properties to suppress hyperactive immune systems.
For more info: www.lutimax.com